Friday, October 25, 2019

Commercial Recording Day

      On October 24th we recorded our Gatorade commercial.First we had to check out our cameras, tripod, ad get our passes. Then we had to get our outfits ready and get our props. We all wore workout/gym clothes in order to create the feeling that we are athletes. Then we went to the track to start recording our commercial. While there we had to try ad find a position to record we needed a place with no people in view which created problems. This was because at the time students were running track and working out. We finally decided on an area where no people were in sight but occasionally people would run across which stopped us from recording. This later on became a problem when we discovered that our battery was low. On top of this we had a time limit this became a problem later on. This will come into play near the end of our recording session.
       Then we started recording for most of the scenes I was not included. So for the meantime I directed and tried to help with camera positioning and give ideas on what would help more. This role ended very quickly so I needed something to do. Luckily at the time my team didn't need and a group of friends who needed my assistance came for me. They asked me to catch a ball but as un-athletic as I was they asked me. I kindly accepted which would later on help us out in the long run. It took some time since I couldn't catch a ball but luckily I got back just in time for my part. We had to stretch as if the race was to begin. I got into position but it did take multiple takes but we finally did it. My next was our race seen we got the beginning done quickly but our camera died stopping us from recording anymore.
        Lucky for us the team that I had just finished their commercial. I kindly asked if we could use their battery for our project. They kindly agreed and we could keep recording. Our next scene was the end of the race I suggested we started running where we left off in order to make it consistent but with our time limit we couldn't. This may create problems during editing but it was the est we could do with how unlucky we were with the camera. We finished the scene where my friend passes the finish line and wins the race. I also forgot to mention after shooting the first scene we did the last scene where the protagonist was handed a Gatorade takes a sip and slams it on the ground creating little splashes on the track floor for effect This was the end of our recording we returned the camera back to the kind team and went to go dump. Dumping is another word for importing our video onto our computer to save it for editing later. I dumped our footage while my teammates signed back in the cameras. This then ended our first recording session for 10th grade year.

No comments:

Post a Comment