Friday, April 17, 2020

Commercial Blog

This is our own original commercial that we were tasked with make near the beginning of the year. At this time my group and I weren't the best but weren't the worse when it came to making video. Kyle and I had already done TV production where we made and edited films and we took a step up with Media Studies. We were given a set amount of topics it could be on and we chose Gatorade. Our commercial was a Gatorade advertisement for their new drink. We decided that it had to be sports related since Gatorade is usually associated with sports. Our school had a track field so we decided our commercial would be a race. I did the planning where I thought of props we had to use, the setting and, the clothing we would wear. I also created a detailed storyboard that helped guide us through our production process. When we got to recording we noticed that there was something wrong with our Tripod it was missing the piece that allowed us to tighten and since we couldn't get another given our time limit we were forced to record with no tripod. And on top of that before we started recording my camera died. Luckily I had helped out another team with their recording due to my presence not being needed by teammates I helped them .Since they were done recording I asked if they could lend us their battery and they did. My friend Jake was main director and camera man with the rest of us being actors with Sean being the lead actor. Me and Kyle were his opponents with him winning first place and being congratulated by his coach Jake. Near the end Kyle did most of the editing even though the computers were really faulty. In all I had a great time on this project and it was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment